Thursday, June 18, 2015

Walking on Sinking Sand....

Greetings in Jesus name,

    It has been some time since I have written anything. We have been out in the wilderness. This week while walking in Nevada on a very sanding road, I was praying and this is what came to me. We were walking on sinking sand! I began to sing the hymn, On Christ the solid Rock I stand, ALL other ground is Sinking Sand. As I was walking my feet were not steady, they were sinking ankle deep in the very hot desert sand. I began to realize as I was singing and pray that this is our life and choice. If we take our focus and eyes off Jesus and His words and ways, we become unsteady and lose our focus and we begin to sink. As I was struggling and stumbling trying to not sink in the sand, my mental focus became weak and all I could do was try to keep on the right path, but I couldn't. This is how I saw my walk with Christ, if we stay filled with His desires and His ways and words and serve Him and walk in His path on the narrow road we may stumble some but we will not sink. I was weaving and wobbling on the sinking sand, singing and praying to God for help. I was stumbling along looking for a Easier path, other  than just walking straight and not worrying about what was under my feet or if I was sinking or not...trying to find my own way. It brought the scripture to life on building your house on a rock, not on the sand, also narrow is the way and few there find it. I realized, I was all over the sinking sand road and stumbling and tripping and was losing physical and mental focus but with Jesus as my guide I can do anything and everything if I stay focused on Him alone then my feet will be stable and on the right path. I hope this makes since to everyone. We have a lot of time to spend in God's word and  time to sing and meditate while on our walk for Him.I encourage you all to try to not let life's troubles lead you down the road of sinking sand, but  that you stay focused on and filled with His ways and His word to lead you down the narrow road to everlasting. I Love You ALL!!!

I encourage you to find this hymn and sing it to the Lord! My hope is built on nothing less.....

 His Servant,

Backpacking Gentle Fir,  Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment